Monday, December 15, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...NOT.

There is snow outside on my bushes, on my roses, on my driveway.

You may be wondering why this a concern. It is a concern because THERE SHOULD NOT BE SNOW IN ST. GEORGE, UTAH!!

I left New York, then Salt Lake for the great sunny expanse of Utah's Dixie. I definitely didn't come here for the culture, nor the great coffee spots. It was simply for the weather. 365 days of pure weather bliss.

But not today.

To match my physical state (I have strep and the flu) the sky has been overcast with warnings of flurries. It was my dear mother who called early this a.m. to share the great news of the pending 2-4". She shared her joyous news with a bit of an evil laugh.

The "spoken" flurries arrived around 10:30 a.m. and have not really left since then. Thankfully the 2-4" only seems to be maybe 1-2" at most.

And so while it feels like winter with the sound of the heater in the background, the flannel jammies on both boys, and the eerie light through the windows of the winter sky, thankfully the snow will be gone soon, sooner than in the location(s) of our more northern friends and family.

The snow no longer looks like Christmas to me....let's get back to our regularly scheduled program.

I guess that means we're down to 364 days now.

1 comment:

blunoz said...

JILL!!! I didn't know you joined the blogosphere!!! I just clicked on the link when you left a comment on my blog. WELCOME! It looks like I have some reading to do to catch up on your previous posts. I'm so excited!

I'm very sorry to hear your sick, and sorry the weather isn't what you would like. I hope the momentary lapse in the St. George status quo will help you to appreciate and be happy with the status quo when it returns. :-)

I hope you feel better soon and I hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas!