Monday, May 5, 2008

...and so he walks

As the days roll by, so do I. I work, I sleep, I eat. And then there is a moment in time, in space, that takes my breath away.

It was the story that we never wanted to share. We didn't expect it; he came from no where. He is Jonah.

The early days were so excruciatingly painful. That call came. I cried in pain at the restaurant. The moment still clear in my mind, no air for my lungs. He was to die.

And then a moment that took my breath away. He lives.

The milestones, the pain, the heartache. And then there is a moment in time, in space, that takes my breath away.

He is Jonah.

I took a walk with Jonah this Sunday past. We went along the sidewalk beyond the house. We had no intent, just that of seeing the world. "The rock, Jill." "The dirt, Jill." "Do you want to turn around, Jonah?" "No, Jill."

...and so he walks.

No comments: